Who We Are
Kitsap Foster Care Association (KFCA) is a non-profit organization formed in 1991.
We are dedicated to the foster care system, foster parents and foster children living in Kitsap County, Washington. Our membership is strictly voluntary and is made up of foster parents licensed by the State of Washington and other local, private, agencies. We exist to support foster families with first time placements as well as seasoned foster parents.
What We Do
The State of Washington provides for the basic needs of each child in the foster care system. However, there are many additional things that the State does not have the ability to fund. As an association we are committed to meeting additional needs that are essential to the well-being and positive growth of children in care.
Kitsap Foster Care Association supports children in care in our community in a number of ways such as:
- maintaining a ‘clothing closet’ and providing diapers and formula for up to three days to help bridge the gap until the caregiver can find the time to purchase needed supplies.
- hosting low cost dinners with daycare, often with free training on a variety of pertinent topics to assist caregivers.
- hosting several free or very low cost fun, family activities each year for kids in care and their caregiver families such as swimming, roller skating and /or bowling, just to name a few.
- observing National Foster Care Appreciation month in May by providing a special dinner with entertainment for the kids and a FREE trip to a Mariner’s game.
- partnering with the Independent Living Skills provider and the state in celebrating high school graduation and the transition of youth to young adulthood.
- supporting youth by offering the DREAM Project grant, up to $75 towards the purchase of enrichment activities such as summer camp; sports fees; music lessons; prom costs; yearbooks and school photos once a year per child in care.
Read more about how Kitsap Foster Care Association supports Foster Youth and their families.
Ways to Support KFCA
If you would like to give to KFCA, you can donate via the donate button on this page, or learn how to become a foster or respite care provider.
Our membership is strictly voluntary and is comprised of foster and kinship parents licensed by the State of Washington and certified by private agencies. KFCA board members are volunteers. They accept no wages or compensation. We exist to support foster, adoptive and kinship families. KFCA is a registered Washington State non-profit agency with 501(c)3 status. Our Federal ID is 91-1586465. We are registered under the Charitable Solicitations Act RCW 19.09. All donations are tax deductible.
We are always in need of volunteers to help make our organization the best it can be. Please like us on Facebook to hear more about what is going on, or how to help.